Strengthening Jewish Pride | Introduction and Goals | Course Quiz 1 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Core Concepts | Course Quiz 2 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Lesson Overview | Course Quiz 3 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Activity A: Sharing | Course Quiz 4 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Activity B: Teaching Jewish Resistance | Course Quiz 5 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Activity C: Tying It Together | Course Quiz 6 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Integrating With Your Curriculum | Course Quiz 7 of 8
Strengthening Jewish Pride | Conclusion | Course Quiz 8 of 8
Community Submitted Materials
Strengthening Jewish Pride
- 20:56 minute video divided into 8 chapters
- 10 Downloadable study guides for grades 7-12th Grade
- Desktop and mobile access
- Certificate of Completion
- 0.75 Credit hours towards free CEUs (10 credit hours = 1 CEU)
- Appropriate for classroom use
- Start and stop any time
- Optional quizzes to qualify for course credits
What Will I Learn?
- How to teach at least one 30-to 60-minute class using JPEF’s Strengthening Jeiwsh Pride lesson plan
- How to integrate Strengthening Jewish Pride with your current lesson plans and with other JPEF materials
- Techniques to help shatter the myth of Jewish passivity during the Holocaust, thereby enriching students’ Jewish identities
- Ways to foster a rich source of Jewish pride by teaching the history of Jewish armed and unarmed resistance during the Holocaust can foster a rich source of Jewish pride.
- Activities to help your students work with and process the emotional challenges of engaging with the traumatic history of the Holocaust
- Suggestions for how to extend the lesson
About this Course
Q: What is the video course about?
A: This video course provides teacher tips and step-by-step instructions so you can use JPEF’s Strengthening Jewish Pride lesson plan right away with your students.
Q: Who is it for?
A: This is an advanced JPEF E-Learning course. You should be familiar with JPEF's 'Resistance Basics' video course before proceeding. Q: How is the course structured?
A: This course uses a "do, then teach model" showing how the lesson is used in the classroom, then explaining the theory behind it, as well as suggestions for customizing the lesson. The course is divided into eight chapters, with quizzes at the end of most chapters to test and reinforce comprehension. Teachers who score 80% or more on the quizzes can earn free credit hours and CEUs through Touro College.
- 1. Introduction and Goals (02:19)
- 2. Core Concepts (02:20)
- 3. Lesson Overview (01:30)
- 4. Activity A: Sharing (04:12)
- 5. Activity B: Teaching Jewish Resistance (03:31)
- 6. Activity C: Tying It Together (01:47)
- 7. Integrating With Your Curriculum (02:49)
- 8. Conclusion (02:28)
I appreciated the knowledge imparted in this course, and the worksheets provided.
The presentation is presented clearly and concisely.