Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Introduction and Goals | Course Quiz 1 of 7
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Core Concepts | Course Quiz 2 of 7
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Lesson One Overview | Course Quiz 3 of 7
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Activity A: Resistance & Aggression | Course Quiz 4 of 7
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Activity B: Tales of Resistance | Course Quiz 5 of 7
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Activity C: Images of Resistance | Course Quiz 6 of 7
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1 | Activity D: Partisan Biography | Course Quiz 7 of 7
Community Submitted Materials
Tactics of Resistance: Part 1
- 27:27 minute video divided into 7 chapters
- 4 Downloadable study guides for grades
- Desktop and mobile access
- Certificate of Completion
- 1 Credit hours towards free CEUs (10 credit hours = 1 CEU)
- Appropriate for classroom use
- Start and stop any time
- Optional quizzes to qualify for course credits
What Will I Learn?
- How to use JPEF’s Tactics of Resistance lesson plan to teach a 45-60 minute class on the spectrum of possible responses to different forms of aggression, including genocide – from non-violent acts to armed resistance.
- How to define the basic terms of Resistance and Aggression that form the foundation of the curriculum.
- Ways to offer your students the language and tools to develop new responses to conflict and aggression they might encounter in their lives, ideally contributing to a more peaceful world.
About this Course
|Q:||What is the video course about?|
|A:||This video course provides teacher tips and step-by-step instructions so you can use the first section of JPEF’s Tactics of Resistance lesson plan "Understanding Resistance" right away with your students. The video course intersperses instruction from the narrator with actual scenes from the classroom of the lesson in use, along with strategies for how to handle different ways in which the students might respond, emphasizing critical thinking over getting the "right" answer.|
|Q:||What resources are included in this video course? At the heart of this lesson is the "Resistance Matrix", a tool designed to help your students develop an understanding of the complexities and interrelationships of resistance, aggression and their outcomes. The lesson also utilizes an engaging mix of video, archival photographs, brainstorming and small group work to see the wide spectrum of resistance tactics available, from unarmed to armed resistance. A downloadable “Jewish Resistance Slideshow” is also included, featuring rare primary-souces photos and illustrations depicting a spectrum of armed and unarmed resistance tactics Jews employed during the Holocaust.|
|Q:||How do these materials support learning?|
|A:||Students will analyze long- and short-term consequences of responses – theirs and others’ – to aggression. By evaluating possible intended and unintended consequences of responsive choices, they will explore answers to these questions through the lens of Jewish resistance during the Holocaust, and through examples of conflict drawn from their own lives. Students are led to see that violence is rarely an appropriate solution to aggression.|
|Q:||How is the course structured?|
|A:||This course uses a "do, then teach model" showing how the lesson is used in the classroom, then explaining the theory behind it, as well as suggestions for customizing the lesson. The course is divided into five chapters, with quizzes at the end of most chapters to test and reinforce comprehension. Teachers who score 80% or more on the quizzes can earn free credit hours and CEUs through Touro College.|
- 1. Introduction and Goals (03:40)
- 2. Core Concepts (05:00)
- 3. Lesson One Overview (01:38)
- 4. Activity A: Resistance & Aggression (06:38)
- 5. Activity B: Tales of Resistance (04:51)
- 6. Activity C: Images of Resistance (01:10)
- 7. Activity D: Partisan Biography (04:30)
The course is well constructed, and the directions and materials are easy to use.
This course is easy to use, low stress, and very well documented with pictures, videos, and supports. Tons of resources for use in the classroom.
The materials are great. Can't wait to try it out.
This course is clear and well-paced.